Canada to increase length of stay for Parents and Grandparents Super Visa to 5 years per entry
IRCC has just announced major reforms to the Parents and Grandparents Super Visa.
Effective July 4, 2022:
- The length of stay for Super Visa holders will be increased to five years per entry into Canada.
- People who currently have a Super Visa also have the option to request to extend their stay by up to two years while in Canada. This means current Super Visa holders will now be able to stay in Canada for up to seven consecutive years.
- Canada’s Immigration Minister will have the authority to designate international medical insurance companies to provide coverage to Super Visa applicants in the future.
CANADIAN SUPER VISA FOR PARENTS AND GRAND PARENTS
Canada Super Visa is a tailor-made visa document for elders (parents or grandparents) to visit their child who is working or studying in Canada. Using Canada super visa, one can stay with their children in Canada for up to two years without renewing the visa status.
The Canadian government introduced its Super Visa scheme in 2012 for facilitating its immigrants to invite their families to live and stay in Canada together. Since the day this visa scheme got launched, more than 89000 parents and grandparents of immigrants who have permanent residency or citizenship status from different nations have visited Canada. It includes 36000 Indians who top the list.
These numbers show the flexibility rate of Canada super visa for parents or grandparents and depict the contribution of Indian individuals living in Canada and their role in this particular nation. As a responsible Canadian immigration consultant, we offer our clients the proper navigation in reaching their exact destination in this land of maple leaves.
Eligibility – Getting Canadian Super Visa
- The concerned person must convince the visa officer that they are just visiting their children in Canada and will return to their nation once the allotted period gets over.
- They must provide a record of their financial status, including a letter of financial support from their children or grandchildren who live in Canada.
- The applicants must provide a letter of invitation from their children or grandchildren who live in Canada.
- Applicants must prove their parental relationship with the concerned person to whom they aim to visit in Canada.
- Applicants must submit a copy of the income requirements earned by the child or grandchild. The income assessment will be made based on any one of the following aspects:
Canada Super Visa Extension
Canada super visa for parents and grandparents is valid for up to two years. If you plan to extend your stay in the country, you will have to apply for a visa extension. It is recommended to apply for an extension before 30 days of the expiration date. But, this should not alarm you. You can remain in the country while your request for an extension is processed.
Since the approval rate for a Canada super visa for parents is nearly 83%, the chances of applicants getting an extension are high. But, many factors influence the request, including the country you are from, health conditions, fund requirements, among others.
Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship
Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship is an alternative to Canada super visa for parents and grandparents, where the applicants can pursue permanent immigration. The primary requirement for this sponsorship is that the person you aim to live within Canada should be able to support you financially and ensure that they do not require social assistance from the Canadian government.
Parents and Grandparents Super Visa: Requirements
The parent or grandparent must:
- Show that they are the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Obtain medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is valid for at least one year, providing a minimum coverage of $100,000 for health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
- Undergo a medical examination.
The parent or grandparent’s family member in Canada must:
- Demonstrate that they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Provide the applicant with a letter of invitation. This is a letter that provides information about the applicant’s planned visit, the child or grandchild’s occupation and the economic situation in Canada. Most importantly, this letter must include a written and signed promise of financial support for the applicant for the duration of their visit;
- Demonstrate their income is above a predetermined minimum level.
1. Why is Super visa rejected?
Reasons for TRV and Super Visa refusal:
Lack of Travel History: If a person has not travelled anywhere outside of their home country before, they will be refused a visa if they apply on their own. Our firm can overcome this reason by making legal arguments and referencing a Federal Court Case in the application.
2. Who is eligible for Canada Super visa?
The Super Visa is for people who want their parents or grandparents to live with them in Canada. With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.
3. Is return ticket required for super visa to Canada?
Technically, for a super visa, she does not require a return ticket. Airlines will allow her to board the flights.
4. Does super visa expire with the passport?
If you have a super visa
If you enter Canada on a super visa and the border services officer puts a stamp without a date in your passport, you can stay for 2 years.
5. How long it takes for super visa after medical?
You will have to wait from 8 days up to 45 or 50 days for the Super Visa to get processing.
6. How much does a Canadian super visa cost?
The Super Visa Canada application fee is $100 (Canadian dollars) per person. On top of this you might have to give biometrics in which case this will cost $85 per person; $170 for a family of two or more people. You may also have to pay the fee for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) which is $7 per person.
7. How much insurance is required for Super visa?
WHY MIGRATE TO CANADA?
There are many reasons that make Canada a leading destination for migrate overseas –
- High demand for skilled immigrant talent
- A simple immigration process (as against other English-speaking countries)
- Free education and healthcare
- Safe country
- Vibrant cities
- As per a recent study of new immigrants, around 92% of newcomers to Canada found their community to be welcoming.
- A passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of travel is required
- Photocopy of the passport’s bio page
- A copy of the two-way tickets must be submitted at the time of application
- Evidence of financial resources through the most recent bank statement
- Invitation letter from a sponsor/friend/family member in the overseas country
- Statement of the sponsor’s/friend’s/finances in the overseas country
- A copy of the sponsor’s passport
- If you are married to an overseas national, you will need a marriage certificate
- In the case of minors, the parents’ birth certificates and marriage certificates are required
Mr. Mohit Ghai – Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
After fulfilling many requirements and obligations Mr. Mohit Ghai has become a regulated immigration consultant and is a member of Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) with License#R508662. He gives immigration related advice. He has the responsibility right from clearing the doubts of prospecting clients about why, where and how they should immigrate to Canada. Mr.Mohit Ghai and his company Canaccess Immigration is also approved by Government Of Saskatchewan License#00428 as an approved consultant and a job recruiter.
Where We Build Your Visions
Can Access Immigration(CIS) offers a broad portfolio of exquisitely managed pre-flight to post landing services acclimated to the exigencies of each client. We have developed the entire business model, one of its own kind,to provide one-stop package of services to make an individual’s transition to a new land completely hassle-free. A combination of extensive experience, global presence and profound industry knowledge empowers us to provide result oriented solutions. https://canaccessimmigration.com/. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
Broad Vision Honest Service Great Value
Our goal is to provide best quality legal immigration solutions to Canada,Australia,New Zealand,U.K,Singapore
Choose the best Place to live, work and settle! Get in a touch with our Expert immigration Team.
I Want to Migrate
Migrate to your desired country!
I Want to Work
Live, and work in the best country
I Want to Visit
Apply for Tourist/Visit visa to travel abroad
I Want to Study
Apply for visa to study abroad
I Want to Invest
Buy/invest in a business overseas
I Want to Settle
Get in a touch with our expert team.
We are here to help!
Can Access Immigration(CIS) offers a broad portfolio of exquisitely managed pre-flight to post landing services acclimated to the exigencies of each client. We have developed the entire business model, one of its own kind,to provide one-stop package of services to make an individual’s transition to a new land completely hassle-free. A combination of extensive experience, global presence and profound industry knowledge empowers us to provide result oriented solutions. Diversity is our cornerstone and our employees reflect our commitment to work across cultures. CIS team comprises people from all over the world, including Asia, the Middle-East, North America and Europe. Our unrivaled team of immigration experts possesses encyclopedic knowledge on immigration legislation and information on expected changes. Their comprehensive knowledge and expertise in the field gives a solid edge making CIS an unequivocal leader in the Global Resettlement industry.
Why Choose Us?
WE ARE THE WORLD’s LARGEST IMMIGRATION GROUP PROVIDING CUSTOMIZED SOLUTIONS TO : Professionals & Skilled Workers Business Persons Farmers Self – employed Individuals Students